Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BEST FIELD TRIP EVER!!!!!!!

Igualada, SPAIN!!!! Over spring break we went to Spain to see the site! It was awesome and really helpful. My scale of the site was totally off, the site was so much smaller than i had previously thought. Not only the actual horizontal zone  but the vertical zone as well. The randomness of everything was really brought to my attention. Visiting the site was very beneficial to me. It helped me to understand the surrounds and the buildable land.


I want to create an entrance to the addition to the cemetery at this point.


The entrance wall would oppose this wall leading you into a darker contemplation space. I'm struggling to get this space right because i want to make smaller spaces that translated to the random spaces that preexist. I'm my crit today i was told it is not about those moments alone it is about the larger gestures that create the smaller moments.

I am looking more into my wire drawing and finally under what Luis is saying of how the my wire drawing can relate to my design. I am now looking at  how the wire opposes each itself to create space using mass and void.

No comments:

Post a Comment