Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Building the Cemetery

My idea for the Igualada Cemetery. I came up with three ideas for the Igualada Cemetery.


My first scheme: This concept is to have objects in a field of space, It deals with the mass versus void.  This concept was liked the best out of the 3 schemes i came up with. Unfortunately when i continued pursuing it there was a slight misunderstanding between my Professor and my self of where exactly this field of space would be. I was thinking about putting it in the existing space while he thought i should bring the idea into a new space that i have carved or created.

Scheme 2: The second idea was completely disregarded which i think was a smart move. It did not hold its own in comparison to the other 2 schemes.

Scheme 3: I liked this one the best. Partially because i would be able to include glass (my favorite building material) into it. It was said to be very Carme Pinos like. The reason i am not further exploring this idea is because it is has problems with reality. The idea of building into the existing space with fancied however the existing space did not allow my design to be implemented.

No comments:

Post a Comment